Strikes and Migrants Cause Disruption Around Calais
In recent months there has been disruption to cross channel travel services due to strike action and migrant activity in and around Calais. Check the with your chosen travel operator before you set off.
Safety And Security
There is a high threat from terrorism in France. This is due to ongoing threats to France by Islamist terrorist groups and recent French military intervention against Daesh (ISIL). If you do travel to France be especially vigilant in public places and follow the advice of the local authorities and your travel operators.
General Travel Intelliegence
Around 17 million British nationals visit France every year.
The Emergency phone number in France is 112.
International Medical And Travel Insurance For France
Take out comprehensive international private medical and travel insurance before you travel to France. If you are entitled to, you should also apply for a free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). Please note the EHIC is not a substitute for medical and travel insurance. As example the EHIC won’t cover you for medical repatriation, ongoing medical treatment or non-urgent treatments.
- Cuba: Health Screening At Entry Ports
- Cuba: Mandatory International Medical and Travel Insurance For Cuba Entry
- Ghana: General Travel Advice 20 March 2016
- Turkey: Explosions Rock Istiklal Street Istanbul
- France: Industrial Action By Air Traffic Controllers Affects Air Travel 20 - 22 March 2016
- 80% Of Travellers Have Perceived A Threat To Their Personal Safety While Abroad*
- Jelf International Urges Employers To Communicate Advice For Those Planning Travel To Zika-Affected Areas
- Falkland Islands: British Nationals Visiting Falkland Islands No Longer Entitled To Receive Dental Care Under UK NHS
- Jamaica: General Election 25 February 2016
- Malaysia: Current Travel Advice
- Essential Tips For A Safe Secure Chinese New Year
- Tunisia: Curfew Lifted 4th Feb 2016
- Bahrain: Protests 4 - 6 Feb 2016
- Turkey: FCO Advise Against All Travel To City Of Diyarbakir
- Bolivia: Travel Disruptions Due To Blockades
- Zika Virus Declared Global Health Emergency
- UNHCR Warns Against Horn Of Africa Sea Crossings
- CDC: Pregnant Women Should Consider Postponing Travel To Zika Virus Transmission Areas
- Zika Virus: CDC Adds 2 Destinations To Interim Travel Guidance Related
- WHO Does Not Recommend Any Travel Or Trade Restrictions Related To Zika Virus Disease